Structural Engineer Intern – 2024
Temporary Position in Pittsburgh, PA and/or Bozeman, MT
AE Dynamics has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer Intern in our Bozeman, MT and/or Pittsburgh, PA office for the Summer of 2024. We are looking for candidates that have a passion for solving engineering problems in unique ways, who can excel in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment, and are interested in long term careers as an integral part of our growing team. We encourage all staff to be innovators in their profession. We firmly believe that our employees are our most valuable asset, and our collective success is only possible by investing and supporting their growth and professional development.
AE Dynamics is a nationally experienced professional services firm, specializing in both structural engineering and building envelope design. We are a truly unique, client focused firm, with an unmatched dedication to the profession we practice and a mission to solve engineering problems using creative thinking. Most structural engineering firms only design primary building structures and do not have any expertise in building facade design. Similarly most facade design engineers have a very limited knowledge of primary building structures. Our unique expertise in both areas and the interaction between them allows us to provide a higher level of service regardless of which portion of the building we are designing.
- Pursuing a Structural Engineering Degree
- 0 — 2 years of industry experience a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of aluminum, glass, and glazing systems
- Perform structural analysis of low to mid-rise structures
- Perform analysis of unique structural components
- Assist in the development of design aids
- Work with Senior Engineers to produce project documents (Plan & Detail Drawings and Calculation Packages)
- Work with other staff to develop the ability to produce project specifications
- Become fluent in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, and various other analysis software
- Work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Apply for the Structural Engineer Intern Position
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume and cover letter to apply for the open position.